Re: [fileapi] timing of readyState changes vs. events

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:31:38 +0100, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> Uhm. What you need to do is queue a task that changes the state and
>> fires the event. You cannot just fire an event from asynchronous
>> operations.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but why not?  Is it because you have to define
> which task queue gets the operation?

Yeah, otherwise it would be undefined when the operation occurs relative
to other asynchronous tasks, such as timeouts, events, and fetching.

> So would that mean that e.g. the current spec for readAsDataURL would
> have to queue steps 6 and 8-10?

Yeah. Actually, I think you want to queue a single task when the read is
completed and then do 7, 8, 6, 9, 10 within that task (in that order, the
current order seems wrong).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/