Re: [DOM4] Constructor for DOMException?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:57:54 +1100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
João Eiras:
>> DOMExceptions have both a code and a message. Perhaps the
>> constructor should be extended to include both.

Anne van Kesteren:
> code is legacy, but name would be good to expose.

The constructor has the same signature as the standard ECMAScript Error
constructors, so we are being consistent there.  I think it's fine for
code and name to be assigned after creating the object, if JS needs to
create a DOMException object (which I don't expect to be a common thing
anyway).