Re: [DOM4] Constructor for DOMException?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:00:24 +1100
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Marcos Caceres:
> So… given that one can fake create a DOMException, and unless there
> is a valid reason not to allow this that I don't know of…. It would
> be nice if DOMException just defined a public constructor. This would
> allow clean prototyping of various APIs in ECMAScript (and give us
> poor saps who don't know C a chance to implement some Web APIs :) ).

Web IDL already requires exception interface objects like DOMException
to be constructable, due to this:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-exception-call

and them being Function objects.  The constructor should take a single
argument which is the message.  The name property will automatically be
set to "DOMException", but you can overwrite this once you've created
the object.  This is how the built in "throw an exception" algorithm works:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-throwing-exceptions