Re: [Clipboard] Processing model feedback (and other)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hallvord@opera.com>wrote:

> I've looked at rewriting it but I'm not sure how. Cancelling the default
> action has different outcomes for the different types of events. Some of
> the outcomes are also easier to understand if you think that the default
> action *is* no-op (rather than thinking "skip handling the default action").

You can use the wording I gave above (modified here slightly):

7. Fire an event using the *ClipboardEvent* interface, with its *type*
attribute
initialized to *e* and its *clipboardData* attribute initialized to *data
transfer*, at *event target*.  If the event's *canceled flag* is set then
abort these steps.
8. If *e* is:
    *paste*:

The bits about "the focused node" and "the
>> context is editable" above should probably reference something specific
>> in HTML.
>>

> Quite possibly, but I'm not sure where to find it..

(I don't either.  I'll leave these to people more familiar with those
topics...)

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> > http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html and it's
> called DOM4.
>
> That's a moving target, from reading the URL.

This is a well-understood topic: DOM2 is hazardously obsolete and new specs
reference DOM4 for definitions of things like DOM Events.  This isn't a
"hot debate"; it's a finished one.  If you'd like more explanation about
this please start another thread--please don't derail this one.

--
Glenn Maynard