Re: (aside) MIME type (was> Re: Re: [Clipboard] checking if implementation allows reading/writing a given type to the OS clipboard)

WHEN I registered a media-type on the ietf list I have been quite much hit as the first comment "one says media-type nowadays". And indeed MIME is meant for email originally.

So I guess politically media-type is a requirement.
Should I dig for a formal requirement?

paul