Templates 2: The Real World

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:56:46 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hey everyone,

I've been following the "HTML Parsing and the <template> element"
thread/conversation since it began yesterday and it's very interesting, but
one thing keeps coming to mind - has anyone working on <template> spent any
significant time using the existing web "template" systems and practices?

Here are a few that are fairly common and in production use:

Mustache.js (logic-less)
https://github.com/janl/mustache.js

Embedded.js (logic)
http://embeddedjs.com/

JST (gaining developer mindshare)
http://ricostacruz.com/backbone-patterns/#jst_templates

This list is by no means intended to be comprehensive or to imply any
endorsement - in fact, I don't use any of these (I use underscore.js's
super simple "pre-compiled" templates)

Benchmarking information:
http://www.viget.com/extend/benchmarking-javascript-templating-libraries/

Rick