Enabling a Web app to override auto rotation?

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:06:15 +0900
To: public-webapps@w3.org
About portrait-landscape auto rotation on current mobile/tablet
browsers/platforms: If a user has auto rotation set on their mobile or
tablet, I know it's possible for a particular native application to
override that setting and stay in whatever screen orientation it wants.

My question is if it is currently possible for a Web application to do the
same thing; that is, to prevent the browser on the device from
auto-rotating into a different mode.

  --Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith