Re: [webcomponents] Considering declarative event handlers

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:32:33 -0500
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 2/7/12 3:25 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> Oh, like<script scoped>  or something?

No opinions on the syntax, or even on whether the element should be
called <script>.

>>   this.onclick = function() { .... }
>>
>> I think.  The only thing the UA would have to do there is syntax-check the
>> function, which I think is desirable to do anyway for error reporting
>> purposes.
>
> I am pretty sure we'd have to run script there.

You'd have to run the script that sets the onclick handler, but not the
script that's inside the function.

And in the other setup you'd have to run some browser-internal code that
sets up a click handler...  it's not clear why one is better than the other.

-Boris