Re: [XHR] Invoking open() from event listeners

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:56:12 +0100, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> open() does terminate both abort() and send() (the way it does so is not
>> very clear), but maybe it would be clearer if invoking open() set some
>> kind of flag that is checked by both send() and abort() from the moment
>> they
>> start dispatching events.
>>
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
>
> Ah, I see how that works now.  So if you call open from
> onerror/onabort/onload, there's no loadend from the terminated XHR.
> And if you call open before onerror/onabort/onload, you don't get any
> of those either?

Right.

> If you call open from onerror, do other listeners later in the chain
> get their onerror calls?

Currently they would be invoked as there is no interference with the
normal event dispatching rules.

I'm really not sure what the best approach would be though. Advice
welcome. If nobody has better ideas than what we now (taking into account
compatibility of course) I will likely just clarify the situation as
explained above.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/