Re: StreamBuilder threshold

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:41:53 +0100
To: "Stefan Hakansson LK" <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "Travis Leithead" <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "Feras Moussa" <ferasm@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:05:05 +0100, Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When designing the StreamBuilder API, we looked at it as a more
> primitive API which other abstractions (such as multiple consumers) can
> be built upon.

We should not have a StreamBuilder API. We should have a Stream
constructor, similar to how we should not have a BlobBuilder API, but a
Blob constructor (and we do now, I believe). It's a lot cleaner and in
line with best practices for platform API design (which are undocumented,
unfortunately).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/