Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:13:44 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 22:40:12 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
>> 2. Could we modify things so that img.src = blob is a reality? Mainly,
>> if we modify things for the *most common* use case, that could be useful
>> in mitigating some of our fears. Hixie, is this possible?
>
> Anything's possible, but I think the pain here would far outweigh the
> benefits. There would be some really hard questions to answer, too (e.g.
> what would innerHTML return? If you copied such an image from a
> contentEditable section and pasted it lower down the same section, would
> it still have the image?).

My idea was that innerHTML and getAttribute and such would get back
about:blob or some such. I think having the same object associated with
two images should be fine, so copy & pasting should probably work.
about:blob is just for serialization purposes.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/