Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

On 30.1.2012 15:18, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> 2012/1/30 Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com
> <mailto:Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>>
>
>     it would seem that you do not understand the point here... if we
>     allow img.src = blob approach we would HAVE TO have memory
>     management on language level as well,
>     either URL reference or blob must be freed/nulled/whatever somewhere.
>     This is not simple reference taht you can count and garbaged by
>     some logic, because you have no idea whether you are going to need
>     underlying data or not.
>

> Sorry, this doesn't make sense.  The HTMLImageElement simply retains a
> strong reference to the blob.
>
> --
> Glenn Maynard

And how? Using src attribute? that would have to be changed to accept
both string and Blob object? What it would return on get operation?
Libraries managing images (lightboxes) would have to consider, what does
src mean? Or do you propose other attribute? What would then be in src?
What if I change that blob? Should image change immediately as well?
What if this was video playing?

Brona