Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

On 30.1.2012 14:40, Kyle Huey wrote:
> 2012/1/28 Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com
> <mailto:Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>>
>
>     img.src = blob;
>
>     tells nothing about possible access to underlying data using URL
>     identifier
>

> And I think that if we're concerned about the blob being "leaked" for
> the lifetime of the document (because the URL was never revoked) we
> should abandon the blob URL approach entirely and pursue something
> else (such as img.src = blob).
>
> Adding manual memory management to the web platform is a step
> backwards, IMO.
>
> - Kyle
Hi,
it would seem that you do not understand the point here... if we allow
img.src = blob approach we would HAVE TO have memory management on
language level as well,
either URL reference or blob must be freed/nulled/whatever somewhere.
This is not simple reference taht you can count and garbaged by some
logic, because you have no idea whether you are going to need underlying
data or not.

B.