Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

From: Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:40:21 -0500
To: Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
2012/1/28 Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>

> img.src = blob;
>
> tells nothing about possible access to underlying data using URL identifier

And I think that if we're concerned about the blob being "leaked" for the
lifetime of the document (because the URL was never revoked) we should
abandon the blob URL approach entirely and pursue something else (such as
img.src = blob).

Adding manual memory management to the web platform is a step backwards,
IMO.

- Kyle