Re: [xhr] responseType for sync requests in window context

Please keep in mind that multiple web apps share the same main thread.
 While browser's can keep their own UI responsive in the face of
synchronous XHRs, they cannot do the same for other web app, which may
share their main thread with a web app that uses synchronous XHR.
 Unfortunately, the web platform is a cooperatively multi-tasking system :-(

This applies even to browsers like Chrome that create multiple processes.
 There you can still end up with unrelated web apps in the same process,
sharing the same main thread.

Now, I have to admit that I'm quite sympathetic to your concerns.  I think
it is always bad form for a platform to give an API and then take it away.

At least one nice thing about switching to async XHRs is that you can now
display a progress meter to your users.  There's no telling how long a
network load may take afterall.

Regards,
-Darin