[indexeddb] Missing TransactionInactiveError Exception type for count and index methods

From: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:12:39 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
In looking at the count method in IDBObjectStore and IDBIndex we noticed that its signature doesn't throw a TransactionInactiveError when the transaction being used is inactive.  We would like to add this to the spec.

In addition, the index method in IDBObjectStore uses InvalidStateError to convey two different meanings: the object has been removed or deleted and the transaction being used finished.  It seems that it would be better to separate these into:
* InvalidStateError when the source object has been removed or deleted.
* TransactionInactiveError when the transaction being used is inactive.

What do you think?  I can open a bug if we agree this is the desired behavior.
Thanks,

Israel