Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

I work in an industry where devices are certified against final
specifications, some of which are mandated by laws and regulations. The
current DOM-2 specs are still relevant with respect to these certification
processes and regulations.

I do not object to adding an informative, warning notice to the status
sections of these docs that new work is underway to replace, and eventually
formally obsolete older DOM RECs. However, until replacement specs exist
that have achieved sufficient maturity (namely, REC status), it would not
be appropriate to formally obsolete the existing DOM specs.

G.