Re: Selection of a document that doesn't have a window

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:52:37 -0500
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>, Stig Halvorsen <stighal@opera.com>, W3C WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> We could define it in terms of defaultView (or browsing context) and put our
> effort into getting interoperability on defaultView?

This is what I've done for now:

At least behavior is pretty clear in the easy case of
document.implemention.createHTMLDocument("") or such.  In more
complicated cases, we probably want the same behavior as defaultView
anyway, so if we're going to define such behavior precisely we may as
well do it for defaultView instead of getSelection().

I've also filed a Mozilla bug: