Re: File modification

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:20:54 -0500
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@visc.us>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Eric U <ericu@google.com>
That's not good enough for many use cases.  For example, a notepad app that
saves to disk wants to update the display if another program modifies the
file.  You don't want that to be delayed until you scan the directory; you
want the event pushed at you immediately  when it happens.  This is how I
imagine most use cases looking.