From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:38:16 -0800
To: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Cc: Markus Ernst <derernst@gmx.ch>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:
> Okay, so what API should we use?  I'd really prefer this be
> per-editing host.  In which case, how about we make it a content
> attribute on the editing host?

That sounds like a great idea.

> It can be a DOMSettableTokenList. Maybe something like
> where the attribute is a whitespace-separated list of tokens.  To
> start with, we can maybe have tab-indent (hitting Tab indents) and
> div-separator (hitting Enter produces div).  Does this sound like a
> good approach?  If so, what should we call the attribute?  And should
> it imply contenteditable=true, or should the author have to specify
> that separately?

I'm not sure if we should add just "editoptions" though given we might need
to add more elaborative options in the future. It might make more sense to
add a new attribute per option as in:

Also: are there any good use-cases for <br>?  Allowing <div> instead
> of <p> adds basically no extra complexity, but allowing <br> would
> make things significantly more complicated.

Should enter behave like shift+enter when br is the default
paragraph separator?

- Ryosuke