Re: File modification

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:41:17 -0800
To: Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>
CC: Eric U <ericu@google.com>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@visc.us>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 1/11/2012 12:37 PM, Kyle Huey wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com
> <mailto:chuck@jumis.com>> wrote:
>
>     Far as I can tell, File is live, and it's supposed to be live from
>     <input type=file>.
>

>  FWIW, I (and I believe others at Mozilla) consider the fact that File
> objects are "live" in Gecko a bug.  Fixing this is kind of complicated
> in our implementation though, and I've had other things to work on, so
> it's still there.

Sorry I misspoke on this one. FileList is supposed to be live. File
objects are immutable.
The bug (in my opinion) is that FileList returns the same File object
when the underlying length/date has changed.

It ought to return a new File object (in my opinion), and references to
the old File object should return an error when used with items like
FileReader.
They're dirty blobs, out of control masses of green goo.

-Charles