Re: [selectors-api] RfC: LCWD of Selectors API Level 1; deadline July 19

On 2012-06-28 18:03, Stewart Brodie wrote:
> Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a Request for Comments for the June 28 Last Call Working Draft
>> of Selectors API Level 1:
>>
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-selectors-api-20120628/>
>>
>> The comment deadline is July 19 and all comments should be sent to the
>> public-webapps@w3.org list with a Subject: prefix of " [selectors-api]".
>
> Section 1 contains a unwanted duplication: "With these methods methods,"

Fixed in both level 1 and 2.

> There is something odd about the way matching is defined:
>
> Section 6 defines "matching Element node" directly in terms of the [SELECT]
> reference, then section 6.4 defines what it means to "evaluate a selector"
> but this is never referenced.  I think section 6 needs to define "matching
> Element node" as something like:

Oops, this was supposed to have the content similar to that in the level
2 spec defining what to do when the methods were invoked. I've now
backported this from that spec, but omitted all things related to :scope.

The changes are in the editor's drafts.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api2/

--