Re: Should MutationObservers be able to observe work done by the HTML parser?

* Jonas Sicking wrote:
>I can't think of any cases where you would *not* want these to fire
>for parser mutations.
>
>For example if you are building an XBL-like widget library which uses
>the DOM under a node to affect behavior or rendering of some other
>object. If you attach the widget before the node is fully parsed you
>still need to know about modifications that happen due to parsing.

And you would typically want to attach "early" to avoid "cannot click
button while page is loading"-style issues in such a scenario. I also
note that making "page load" a special case likely means authors have
to write special code to handle it, and that does not seem desirable.