W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2012

Re: Updates to Selectors API

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:34:22 +0200
Message-ID: <4FDF204E.2030806@lachy.id.au>
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
CC: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 2012-06-18 13:57, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> In the process, I also made a few minor editorial changes to v2 just
>> to tidy it up.
>>
>> At this stage, we should be able to publish v1 as a revised CR, or
>> possibly move it up to PR.
>
> I like the changes Lachlan, especially the new section 6.4.
>
> Although I have argued to the Advisory Committee and Advisory Board the
> process should (under certain circumstances) permit a CR to be directly
> re-published as a CR, that currently is not possible. Nevertheless, I
> think it could be a bit tricky to argue to the Director in this case
> that there were no substantive changes (e.g. the new 6.4) so my
> recommendation is that we publish a new LCWD with the minimum 3-week
> review period (and make sure all of the changes can be reviewed).

OK. Let's get started on that process.

> Do you or Chaals have the interop data now (and if so, where is it)?
> What do you think about going the LC->PR route?

Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE all pass 100% of the baseline 
(HTML/CSS 2.1 selectors) and additional (HTML/Selectors 3) tests.

Firefox, Safari and Chrome also pass 100% of the XHTML/Selectors 3 
tests. Opera only passes 99.2% of these and IE only passes 67.7% of 
these. However, these are additional tests that are not required to 
declare interoperability of the API, as the failures relate more to 
XHTML and Selectors support, rather than any particular bug with the API.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api-testsuite/

Do I need to prepare some kind of formal testsuite report with the 
results for each test?

However, with the recent change from NAMESPACE_ERR to SYNTAX_ERR, this 
test suite will need to be updated with new tests, so this will likely 
delay PR for a little bit longer.

>> We can also publish v2. as a new WD.
>
> If you want me to start a CfC to publish a new WD of v2, just let me know.

Yes please.

-- 
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/
http://www.opera.com/
Received on Monday, 18 June 2012 12:34:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:52 GMT