Re: [selectors-api] NAMESPACE_ERR or SYNTAX_ERR when both applied

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 07:33:01 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> And you're done.  You have an error and bail out.

Yeah, so I should have been more clear. My suggestion was to never
throw a NamespaceError and just always use SyntaxError. That
distinction has never made much sense. (Well I guess it might have
somewhat when it was still theoretically possible to have a
namespace-aware and non-namespace-aware DOM...)

Anne — Opera Software