W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2012

Updates to Selectors API

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:11:28 +0200
Message-ID: <4FD9F110.2080802@lachy.id.au>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,
I have updated the specification for Selectors API Level 1, which is 
currently in CR.

Most of it was editorial in nature, to bring it in line with Selectors 
API Level 2, except without adding any of the new features like 
findAll() or or matches().

Importantly, the IDL has now been updated to comply with the most recent 
WebIDL specificiation.  This was basically to split it up into 3 partial 
interfaces, just like what was previously done in v2.

Some of the prose was rewritten, but none of the changes should 
adversely affect implementation requirements. This was mostly done by 
back porting the content from v2, but while ensuring that all the 
normative references still refer to the older, stable specs. (e.g. 
DOM3Core instead of using DOM4, as is used in the v2 draft.)  This now 
makes v1 a proper subset of v2.

In the process, I also made a few minor editorial changes to v2 just to 
tidy it up.

At this stage, we should be able to publish v1 as a revised CR, or 
possibly move it up to PR.  We can also publish v2. as a new WD.

Alternatively, we could forgo any further progress with v1 and let v2 
supersede it entirely, at which point I could simply rename it back to 
"Selectors API" without a version number and move on.  (This is my 
preferred approach).

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api2/

-- 
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/
http://www.opera.com/
Received on Thursday, 14 June 2012 14:12:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:52 GMT