Re: [manifest] Is the Webapp Manifest spec ready for FPWD?

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 15:10:35 +0000
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
CC: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, ext Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-native-web-apps@w3.org" <public-native-web-apps@w3.org>
On 6/6/12 5:02 PM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:
>
>> Absolutely, or:

>> and combine appcache and config into a single format. The AppCache
>> manifest format works beautifully in JSON (and I'm sure it would do
>> equally well in XML). See how the sample manifest files provided in the
>> HTML5 spec[1] would look like in JSON: https://gist.github.com/2881982
>
>yep, that could also workŠ though I wonder if it's too late to be
>swapping manifest formats.

The two manifest formats could very well co-existing. Furthermore, since
only the structure of the data differs, the AppCache algorithm wouldn't
need to change.

--tobie