Re: [manifest] Is the Webapp Manifest spec ready for FPWD?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:35:10 +0100
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Cc: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, ext Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-native-web-apps@w3.org" <public-native-web-apps@w3.org>

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> Mozilla's proposal seems to essentially target applications distributed
> through app stores. We'd like to see a solution that also enables
> providing meta data to bookmarked apps similar to how meta tags work in
> iOS.

I've not much experience with the iOS meta tags, so is there anything missing in W3C Widget's config.xml or in Moz's JSON?

Would be cool if one could just do:

<!-- gimme config in accepted format (xml or json) -->

That way, there is no need to repeat meta tags in every page... just repeat it once… or doing something like a fav.ico equivalent that is loaded automagically.

… just random thoughts..
--
Marcos Caceres