Re: [manifest] Is the Webapp Manifest spec ready for FPWD?

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> Mozilla's proposal seems to essentially target applications distributed
> through app stores. We'd like to see a solution that also enables
> providing meta data to bookmarked apps similar to how meta tags work in
> iOS.

I've not much experience with the iOS meta tags, so is there anything missing in W3C Widget's config.xml or in Moz's JSON?

Would be cool if one could just do:

<!-- gimme config in accepted format (xml or json) -->

That way, there is no need to repeat meta tags in every page... just repeat it once… or doing something like a fav.ico equivalent that is loaded automagically.

… just random thoughts..
--
Marcos Caceres