Re: [whatwg] Fullscreen events dispatched to elements

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 18:23:14 +1200
To: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Cc: Chris Pearce <cpearce@mozilla.com>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>, whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com> wrote:

> > Actually, in WebKit, we explicitly also message the document from which
> the element was removed in that case.  I don't see why this behavior
> couldn't be standardized.
> >
> > Did you inform the spec editor(s) when you decided to make this change?
> What did they say?
>
> As it is a holdover from when we implemented the Mozilla Full Screen API
> proposal[1], which required that behavior, no.
>
> -Jer
>
> [1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:FullScreenAPI#fullscreenchange_event

If you implemented that proposal as-is then authors would usually need a
listener on the document as well as the element, and as Chris pointed out,
it's simpler to just always listen on the document.

Is that true for the Webkit implementation or did you implement something
slightly different?

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]