[IME] WebIDL bugs

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:19:10 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi,

I spotted a few bugs in the WebIDL fragments of the Input Method Editor
API draft [1]that I'm reporting below. I'm happy to bring the required
changes directly to the draft if that's preferred.

--------------
interface HTMLElement
    …
    Object getInputContext ();
};

should be

partial interface HTMLElement
 InputMethodContext getInputContext ();
};
(assuming this interface is really to be added to HTMLElement)

--------------
CompositionClauseList is a typedef of a sequence type but is used for an
attribute; sequences are not appropriate type of attributes, you would
want to use an array instead.

--------------
"int" is not a valid WebIDL type, you would want to use either "short",
"long" or "long long"

Composition, CompositionCaret and CompositionClause should probably be
dictionaries rather than interfaces. That would also allow to define
default values directly in the IDL.

The methods in InputMethodContext uses the "in" keyword that is no
longer a valid WebIDL keyword.

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ime-api-20120524/