Re: [manifest] Is the Webapp Manifest spec ready for FPWD?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:51:13 +0200
To: "ext Adam Barth" <w3c@adambarth.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-native-web-apps@w3.org, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Anant Narayanan" <anant@mozilla.com>, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com>
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:15:24 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:

> On 5/31/12 5:23 PM, ext Adam Barth wrote:
>> Is anyone besides Mozilla interested in implementing this specification?
>
> I don't recall anyone else committing to an implementation (although it
> could be a bit early).

Without committing to anything, Opera is definitely interested in a
javascript equivalent to packaging and configuration (and we note that
Google already has one, albeit not standards-based).

The draft is OK for a FPWD (although we have comments we'll make between
now and any final state).

cheers

Chaals

> All - please speak up both on a) Adam's question; and b) the question in
> the Subject: header.
>
> -Thanks, AB

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk