Re: Feedback on Quota Management API

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 5/30/12 2:05 PM, Eric Uhrhane wrote:
>>
>> How about "session", which is guaranteed to go away when the browser
>> exits
>

> Should it go away if the browser crashes (or is killed by an OOM killer or
> the background process killer on something like Android) and then restarts
> and restores the session?
>
> Should it go away if the user has explicitly set the browser to restore
> sessions and then restarts it?

Off the top of my head, I dunno.  I was just giving examples to
explain that "I can't think of any other storage types" isn't a very
solid argument that there will never be any more.  I'm not actually
proposing that we implement any of these at this time.

Also, having read Robert's blog post now, I think he makes some good
points, especially w.r.t. feature detection.