Re: [File API] Blob URI creation

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:55:56 -0500
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com> wrote:

> The first time any resulting Blob URI is dereferenced then user agents
> would automatically revoke the associated Blob URI, preventing reuse
> elsewhere. If the web app needed a new Blob URI to use elsewhere they would
> call Blob.url again to obtain a new, unique, one-time only Blob URI.

I'm not sure if you've followed the other threads, but the "release on
first use" (oneTimeOnly) approach is broken; I hope nobody else is
implementing that.  (I don't know why it's in the spec; it's a poor,
error-prone interface, and it's inherently not interoperable.)  The
"release at the next stable state" (autoRevoke) approach is much more sane.

--
Glenn Maynard