Re: Proposal: add websocket close codes for "server not found" and/or "too many websockets open"

From: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:03:20 +0900
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Jason Duell <jduell.mcbugs@gmail.com>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
The protocol spec has defined 1015, but I think we should not pass through
it to the WebSocket API.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0437.html

I think 1006 is the right code for all of WebSocket handshake failure, TLS
failure and TCP connection failure. If the language in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-7.4.1 is not good, we can add
"cannot be opened or" before "closed abnormally" for clarification.

Chrome's onerror issue will be fixed soon. We agree with Simon that it's
clearly specified in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-4.1. Thanks
for reporting Jason.