Re: DOM3 Events - additional editing help to move the spec forward

From: Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga <garaizar@deusto.es>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 08:30:05 +0200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org)" <plh@w3.org>, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Hello,

on Fri, 25 May 2012 16:49:25 -0700 Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
wrote:

> > This is not yet an official last call, but if you'd like to re-read
> > the spec and provide additional feedback--this is a good time to do
> > it.

Disclaimer: I don't know how and where to do this proposal. I hope
you'll help me to find the proper place to send it.

  During High Resolution Time working draft final call for public
comments I wrote a suggestion about DOM events' timestamps and the use
of monotonically increasing values provided by High Resolution Time
API:

  I would love to have the chance to get a DOMHighResTimeStamp as a
property of an DOM event, like event.timeStamp. Events'
timestamps are also subject to system clock skew and other problems
mentioned in High Resolution Time working draft, and providing access
to HRT when triggering events will be very helpful to program accurate
interactions.

  I'm not sure if this could be done adding a new property to the
event interface (e.g., HRTimeStamp) or modifying the typedef of the
current timeStamp property (i.e., DOMHighResTimeStamp).

  It would be great to discuss this feature in future versions of the
drafts mentioned before.

Best regards,

--
  Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga