Re: Howto spec

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:44:58 +0200
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
On May 23, 2012, at 14:45 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I have made some updates to the "howto spec" wiki page outlining how
> you should go about writing a specification, with some emphasis on
> specifications for APIs.
>
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Howto_spec
>
> In particular the "Patterns" and "Legacy DOM-style" sections are
> probably of interest. I would love to have feedback to see what else
> people would like to see explained or how what is explained thus far
> can be done better.

Thanks Anne, this is good stuff. I wonder if maybe there would be value in merging some of that with http://scriptlib-cg.github.com/api-design-cookbook/. It's just a rough draft now but I'm slated to update it a fair bit over the next three months or so.

It's currently under the scriptlib's repo, but since that doesn't seem to be taking off we can put it elsewhere.