Re: Howto spec

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:30:25 +0200
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> Should I be concerned about what seems to be a lively competition
> between ReSpec and Anolis. Do we need this tussle? Can we not just
> decide which tool to use?

It's a tradeoff:

ReSpec.js pro:

* No setup costs

ReSpec.js con:

* Loads slower because of script. You get a flash of unstyled content.
User experience suffers.
* Legacy DOM-style of defining methods/attributes appears to be the default.

Anolis pro:

* Cross-specification cross-references

Anolis con:

* Harder (requires Python)

In the end it comes down to what the editor wants; I think Anolis is
better because the end user experience is better.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/