Re: [File API] File behavior under modification

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:58:52 -0500
To: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@chromium.org>
Cc: Eric U <ericu@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Jian Li <jianli@google.com>, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, Satoru Takabayashi <satorux@google.com>, Toni Barzic <tbarzic@google.com>
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:03 AM, Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@chromium.org> wrote:

> Just to make sure, I assume 'the underlying storage' includes memory.

Right.  For simple Blobs without a mutable backing store, all of this
essentially optimizes away.

We should also make it clear whether .size and .lastModifiedDate should
> return live state or should just returning the same constant values.  (I
> assume the latter)

It would be the values at the time of the snapshot state.  (I doubt it was
ever actually intended that lastModifiedDate always return the file's
latest mtime.  We'll find out when one of the editors gets around to this
thread...)

--
Glenn Maynard