Comments, Spec Bugs and Test Case are Always Welcome! [Was: Re: Shrinking existing libraries as a goal]

[ My previous response was accidentally sent before it should have been
(delete it) ... ]

On 5/17/12 7:03 PM, ext Julian Aubourg wrote:
> To me the biggest

Comments on all of WebApps' specs are always welcome, regardless of
where the spec is in the W3C's Recommendation process.

> I've been meaning to do a test suite to help provide guidance to
> implementors (something I figure would be much more useful than yet
> another round of specs) but I admit I haven't got to it yet.
>
> Dunno how people feel about this, but I think providing test suites
> that browsers could test against as a way to prevent regressions and
> inconsistencies could help a lot as a starting point.

The group's PubStatus page
<http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus> enumerates each spec and
each spec has (or will have): 1) a link to the spec's Bugzilla
component; 2) a link to the spec's Test suite.

We have a need for test cases for just about every spec. The test
submission process is described in
<http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Submission>. For WebApps' testing
related discussions, please use group's public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org
list.