Re: exposing CANVAS or something like it to Web Workers

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:16:14 +0200
To: Gregg Tavares (勤) <gman@google.com>
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Gregg Tavares (勤) <gman@google.com> wrote:
> I'd like to work on exposing something like CANVAS to web workers.
>
> Ideally how over it works I'd like to be able to
>
> *) get a 2d context in a web worker
> *) get a WebGL context in a web worker
> *) download images in a web worker and the images with both 2d contexts and
> WebGL contexts
>
> Any thoughts?

Have we gotten any further with use cases? See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2010Mar/thread.html#msg144
for an old use case thread that went nowhere. Or
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2011Feb/thread.html#msg274
where you requested general DOM access which cannot be implemented
everywhere.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/