Re: Working with FormData as an object

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FormData has some ideas on how we could
> update FormData, XMLHttpRequest, and HTMLFormElement to address the
> various use cases presented thus far. Feedback welcome.

The one potentially problematic thing is exposing Blob passed to
FormData as File since they always have a filename. This might give
you distinct references to the underlying system file object. I'm not
sure if that is problematic. If it is problematic, I am not sure how
to keep the FormData API simple. I guess we should then introduce
FormEntry objects and change the API proposal to work with those.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/