Re: Working with FormData as an object [Was: Request for FormData.remove() method]

On 11.5.2012 11:40, Odin Hørthe Omdal wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:43:24 +0200, Bronislav Klučka
> <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:
>> So the ability to somehow work with FormData as an object (al least
>> get object out of it, or create it based on object) and the ability
>> to get FormData from form (that we have) and fill form based on
>> FormData (that's missing) would be huge time saver
>
> I agree with this.
>
> I remembered this thread when I read Hixies outburst on #whatwg
> yesterday:
>
>     [10:29] <Hixie> we really still have no way for JS to access the
> form data set on submission?
>     [10:30] <Hixie> who's running this show, a clown?
>
>   src: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20120510#l-483
>

> It seems we're many who want this, and there are clear use cases for it.
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0366.html
>

> FormData need not be tied to XHR either, maybe IndexedDB should also
> be able to just take FormData directly?  I can see how that could be
> useful.  Although getting methods for serializing/deserializing
> FormData would make it possible to just do the load/save logic on your
> own.

FormData can be left tight to XHR, serializing/deserializing should be
enough (actually as long as we are able to manipulate FormData, there is
almost no difference). The only question is, how to
serialize/deserialize Blob.

Brona