Working with FormData as an object [Was: Request for FormData.remove() method]

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:40:07 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org, Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:43:24 +0200, Bronislav Klučka
<Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:
> So the ability to somehow work with FormData as an object (al least get
> object out of it, or create it based on object) and the ability to get
> FormData from form (that we have) and fill form based on FormData
> (that's missing) would be huge time saver

I agree with this.

I remembered this thread when I read Hixies outburst on #whatwg yesterday:

     [10:29] <Hixie> we really still have no way for JS to access the form
data set on submission?
     [10:30] <Hixie> who's running this show, a clown?

   src: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20120510#l-483

It seems we're many who want this, and there are clear use cases for it.

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0366.html

FormData need not be tied to XHR either, maybe IndexedDB should also be
able to just take FormData directly?  I can see how that could be useful.
Although getting methods for serializing/deserializing FormData would make
it possible to just do the load/save logic on your own.

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com