Working with FormData as an object [Was: Request for FormData.remove() method]

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:40:07 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org, Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:43:24 +0200, Bronislav Klučka
<Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:
> So the ability to somehow work with FormData as an object (al least get
> object out of it, or create it based on object) and the ability to get
> FormData from form (that we have) and fill form based on FormData
> (that's missing) would be huge time saver

I agree with this.

I remembered this thread when I read Hixies outburst on #whatwg yesterday:

     [10:29] <Hixie> we really still have no way for JS to access the form
data set on submission?
     [10:30] <Hixie> who's running this show, a clown?

   src: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20120510#l-483

It seems we're many who want this, and there are clear use cases for it.

FormData need not be tied to XHR either, maybe IndexedDB should also be
able to just take FormData directly?  I can see how that could be useful.
Although getting methods for serializing/deserializing FormData would make
it possible to just do the load/save logic on your own.

Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com