Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't "foo<caption>bar</caption>" an
invalid use case? Any top-level element that needs a context can't be mixed
with a text node. Are there cases where this isn't true?

I don't know how the actual parsing works, but the following logic seems
reasonable to me:

If the first character is not < then use the default context.
Otherwise, read all continuous characters that are valid for element names.

If the element name found is valid, then use that to determine the context.
Otherwise, use the default context.

Parse the string using the context determined above.

This should result in every possible string having a deterministic outcome,
based on existing rules.