Re: [admin] short-names and 1-liners for our 7 new FPWDs

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 13:04:02 -0400
To: ext Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 5/9/12 12:55 PM, ext Ms2ger wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 09:10 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> 4. Web Components;
>> <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/explainer/index.html>
>> short-name = webcomponents
>> 1-liner = "Provides an overview of Web Components"
>
> Maybe it would be useful to keep the "webcomponents" name for
> something normative. Also, we already have a "web" in the "w3.org"
> part of the URL, so it seems unnecessary to add another "web" in the
> shortname.

Dimitri, Ms2ger and I just had a short conversation about this in IRC
[1] and the new proposal is "components-intro".

(BTW, none of these specs will be published until May 17 at the earliest
so feedback on any of the proposed shortnames or 1-liners is still welcome.)

-Thanks, Art

[1] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/webapps/20120509