Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 12:02:28 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
>> document.parse(string, ["auto"|"html"|"svg"|"mathml"|"xml"])
>
> Makes sense at least for the options other than "auto".

The idea is that whatever comes out of this can also be used for the
<template> element. There is no known context there. And for fragment
parsing deployed thus far (jQuery) the context is not known either. If
the context was known we would not need to find it in the first place.
So assuming some high-level context (svg/math/...) is known seems kind
of weird to me.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/