Re: [webcomponents] Custom Elements Spec

On Fri, 4 May 2012, Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com wrote:

> Instead, they have _local_ semantics which purpose is known exclusively
> for document author/scripts and/or consumers of the document. No any
> "fallbacks" needed here at all.

So what happens in browsers that don't support components? Or in search
engines or other data analysis tools that are trying to extract the
semantics from the page?

Having elements with no well-defined semantic meaning is counter to the
entire philosophy of the Web, IMHO. I strongly disagree that we should be
even attempting to allow it, let alone optimising for it.