Re: CfC: to stop work on XBL2; deadline May 8

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:00:48 +0000 (UTC)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, 2 May 2012, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2012 21:35:45 -0700, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > What happens if it doesn't pass?
>
> I guess we'll reevaluate then.

How would this be different than what we've been doing for the past year?

As far as I can tell, the current situation is that we've stopped work on
XBL2 -- at least, nobody has worked on it for ages, and nobody is planning
on working on it any time soon. But if we actually _decide_ to stop
working on it, then we'll have to _start_ working on it again, in order to
publish a note saying we're not working on it, whereas if we decide _not_
to stop working on it, we'll continue doing nothing, having stopped
working on it.

This is like the epitome of committee-driven nonsense.