Re: Clipboard API spec should specify beforecopy, beforecut, and beforepaste events

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
> Sounds like beforecut, beforecopy, and beforepaste suffice then... Maybe
> these events are useful after all.

I think they're useful, but very badly named -- authors will think
they fire before every cut, copy, and paste.  So while it's normally
best to specify whatever browsers already support, in this case I
think it would be best to introduce a new event and try to get rid of
the old ones.  The old ones are named too confusingly.

> Events for the latter are cut, copy, & paste. Despite of their names, they
> fire before editing commands are executed.

Ugh.  Well, that's confusing but not as bad as it could be.  If
browsers are interoperable on this score, I guess we have to keep
them.