Re: Clipboard API spec should specify beforecopy, beforecut, and beforepaste events

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 5/1/12 7:51 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
>
>> I agree that these events are broken and has very different semantics
>> from other before* events. I would be fine with adding non-normative
>> section describing the current behavior as well (or even mark them as
>> deprecated). I just feel that it needs to be documented in some spec so
>> that authors don't accidentally find them on their own and start
>> mis-using them.
>>

> I have no problem with an authoring note along those lines.  Heck, I have
> no problem with an explicit author conformance requirement to not use these
> events.  ;)

That might make sense given how confusing these before* are.

On the other hand, there are use cases to communicate enabledness of cut,
copy, & paste with UA. Maybe we can address this use case by letting
websites override
queryCommandEnabled('cut'), queryCommandEnabled('copy'),
queryCommandEnabled('paste')?

Aryeh, any opinions here?

- Ryosuke